Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Cough

Emma's favorite phrase this week is "the cough."

"Daddy, you don't need to eat after me because I've got 'the cough.'"

"Mommy, can I call Nanny to tell her I've got 'the cough'?"

"I need some medicine because I've got 'the cough.'"

I'm not sure where she picked this up, why she doesn't say "a cough," but I got a little mileage out of it this morning pointing to Todd's people who occasionally say "the WalMarts." I smile on the inside...

He quickly suggested that it was just a southern thing, but I don't think so. It definitely comes from his people.

Gotta run because the girl with "the cough" is wanting my attention.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

DEFIANTLY comes from his people.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hilarious post, Dee Dee! I hope the girl with "the cough" is feeling better! I've got a couple of coughing girls myself. :(