Thursday, June 12, 2008

Please Pray for Trip

Okay, first some random thoughts. We survived VBS last week and are having fun with Aubrie at Kindermusik this week. I hope to remember to bring my camera tomorrow so I can post some pictures. She's a hoot! :-) Big sisters have been very impressive staying in the hallway coloring and playing games on their cameras. It's gone very smoothly, and I have been very pleasantly surprised.


I have read on my friend Mer's blog and on another blog called GirlTalk about having kids spend a little time each day reading in the summer. I decided to try it out - I gathered some blankets and pillows and made a cozy corner in Aubrie's room and told them to gather up one or two favorite books. They loved it! Emma asked if they could do this everyday (this from the girl who declared this year that she doesn't like reading) so I was excited, to say the least. Emma opted for a "real" book instead of a primer and worked on reading the first sentence by herself. The other two gals had fun looking at the pictures, and Jessie "read" from her Mother Goose book which she has pretty much memorized. Thanks for the GREAT idea!

Now, on to the serious stuff. I can't believe it's finally here, but Todd is leaving for Mozambique (hereafter refered to as Moz) a week from tomorrow. We are such the procrastinators and are going to sit down sometime in the next few days and actually make a list for the trip. The purpose for the trip, since neither one of us has ever been to Africa, is for him to see and experience things that will help us better prepare for life there - at least whatever we can cram into the next six months. So, besides safety, the main thing would be to pray that he will see and experience all that he needs to for that end. He has been told repeatedly that he is to take many pictures, and I will be sure to post some after he gets back on the 4th of July.

Thanks!



1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hi Dee Dee...

I did Kindermusik with both of my girls and it was one of our favorite experiences EVER! Abbey and Sarah still sing Kindermusik songs.

That's great about your girls and reading. I hope they will learn to love it as much as my kids have!!!