Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Gift He Loves

Each year at Todd's birthday and Christmas I struggle with what to give him. This is primarily an issue because he usually wants hunting stuff, and I am still so clueless sometimes as to what to get. Is it going to be the right kind, brand, etc? This year the choice was easy even though I was a little unsure if he was going to like it because I was going out on a little bit of a limb. When Todd's Uncle Larry passed away not too long ago, we were looking through his vast collection of cookbooks, and Judy and Jerry (Todd's mom and dad) brought home with them this book. Well, Todd was glued to it any time we were at their house. I knew it wouldn't be the same as having Larry's, but I thought he would still appreciate it.

Let me tell you! He has carried the book to work, to the "library," and is presently cooking up a gumbo in the kitchen. It has been an all day affair, and I think he is in hog heaven. I am too!! It's been so fun to watch him enjoy his gift. It may sound silly to be so into a cookbook, but this is no ordinary book. It gives all kinds of incredible history and pictures, and it makes me want to jump up and cook any time I look at it.



No comments: