Monday, January 11, 2010

Moving… Again.

If you’ve known our family for any length of time, you know that we have been really mobile.  Sorry for those of you who try to keep us on your Christmas card list!  We are headed back east to Mississippi, and I’m not sure where to begin the tale, but I’m going to do my best!

The economy.  The cost of living here is much higher than MS, and with the economy really messing things up, the “promotion” to come to TX ended up being a lateral move.  Had we our crystal ball in hand, we would not have uprooted our family for that. 

The mission.  Also, we’ve been asking ourselves what the purpose of our little family is.  This has helped us in making this very difficult decision.  One of our main goals is keeping me at home.  We feel that this is much more doable in MS than here.  Our dollar stretches further there for housing which is probably the biggest consideration.  Also, there are other factors about Todd’s job in MS which allow for a richer family and professional life.  This was a big deal for us.

The unknown.  So, why did God move us to TX only to move us back to MS a year later?  I have no idea!  But, I do know that the experiences and friends we have had here have enriched our lives beyond our craziest imaginings.  It has been a true season of blessing for us.  Will the Williams clan ever go to Africa?  I’m sure it’s a question that many are afraid to ask, and for those who have asked, they have gotten no clear answer.  Again, I have no idea! 

As We Go.  When Todd was at DBU taking Greek, “we” learned that the little word “go” means, “as you go.”  As you go to the grocery store, as you get your oil changed, as you train up your children, as you go to another country, perhaps.  I have no clue what the future holds for us.  I do know that we plan to be apart of God’s work wherever we may be.

The hard part.  Saying good-bye to all our wonderful friends and to our church.  I plan on bringing tissue with me to every service we’re able to attend from here on out.  As a matter of fact, I may just carry it with me all the time.  You would think after so many moves, this would be a snap by now, but I still have a really hard time with this part.  Your prayers are very much needed and appreciated!

4 comments:

Darlene Rayburn said...

Hi Dee Dee,

I know we don't get to visit much anymore, but I hope that you know that you guys are always in our thoughts and prayers. And that we love you all.... So, here are the lyrics to a song that has always helped me during the verge of moving on to a new adventure. (You may already know of this song, but I hope it is fitting for you right now)

A Season in Your Path (Wayne Watson)
Heard that friends are friends forever
But we don't talk much anymore
I guess that I’ve gone my way
And I guess that you've gone yours
Was kindness too neglected
On my list of deep regret?
In spite of distance unexpected
Can we forgive but not forget?

Sometimes I think about you
Some old memories make me cry
Remembering the good times makes me laugh
But all in all I'm richer
For the happy and the sad
And I’m thankful for a season in your path

I guess God alone deciphers
When people need each other most
Who will be the blessed receiver
And who will be the gracious host
And all a servant here can do
Is unto the Lord avail
Content at times to be the wind
And at times to be the sail

If another winter settles
On your shoulder down the road
Without a thought of what’s behind us
Let me help you pull your load

Sometimes I think about you
Some old memories make me cry
Remembering the good times makes me laugh
But all in all I’m richer
For the happy and the sad
And I'm thankful for a season in your path

Unknown said...

Dee Dee,

So excited to hear that y'all are moving back. Gale Hartling told me about seeing y'all last Sunday at Traceway Church. Praying that everything falls into place. Emily would love to see Jessie again!

Amy Reed

Dee Dee said...

Amy - I didn't know any other way to reply to you so I hope you get this! Jessie was just talking about Emily today. I still have your phone number - I'll definitely give you a call. We'd love to get together!

Unknown said...

I really understand about your desire to stay at home with your girls. That has guided us in many decisions over the years. God has honored and blessed us because of that. I pray that this move will be as easy as possible.

Praying for you and your family
Charlotte