Friday, January 22, 2010

On the Go?

Thinking maybe I should change the blog name.  Just thinkin’. 

Anyway, our trip to MS went really well, and we were able to find a couple of houses that would work for the fam.  We were able to put a contract on a house just down the street from Jill which makes all of us very excited.  (I’m sorry if any of this information is a repeat for you, but I find that I’m leaving people out of the loop so this is an effort to avoid that!)  We have our inspection on Monday and will just need to get through the appraisal after that.  If those things happen to cross your mind, sure would appreciate your prayers for us.  All hoops jumped through, and we’ll close February 12 – that’s not that far away!  Scary.

I am finally able to think about the move without tears.  This last trip did wonders for my excitement level about the move.  I still can’t “talk” about the move with my friends here w/o some emotion, but I figure that may just be something I have to live with. 

Tomorrow is “re-pack the garage day.”  Let me say, that I am looking forward to this with much trepidation.  Since we thought we were going to be renting for a short while, we didn’t unpack all our boxes, and in some cases just unpacked part of a box.  We’re going to try to go through all that stuff and get the boxes move-ready.  I’m hoping to find lots that I can part with since I haven’t needed much of it for the last year.   One would think that we travel lightly since we’ve had so many moves, but I am hopelessly attached to way too many things!  I’m going to try to be a little less sentimental – I can still remember where most of our wedding presents came from, and I just feel guilty letting those things go.  Sad, I know.

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I think I told you this a long time ago, but it's still true: Your family holds the records for most address changes in my address book!

But I love you and love that you guys are doing what is best for your family and following where God leads.

Good luck with the garage. I don't envy you...

Oh, BTW, that comment about the charm bracelet was priceless. She sounds like a GEM!!!

Turi said...

hello you have a splendid one blog, would make it appeal to me that you visited my http://www.youturi.blogspot.com