Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Last Day

We just got to talk to Todd before the girls went down for a nap and as his last day in Mozambique was coming to an end. He gets on a plane to Johannesburg, South Africa, tomorrow and will spend the night there. On Thursday he flies direct from there to Atlanta and then home by Friday at noon. Makes me tired thinking about it.

The girls are excited because he was telling them about the gifts he's gotten for them. There are presents for me, too - I am getting two Mozambiquan (sp?) skirts which I can't pronounce or spell yet. I hope they come with tying instructions! Thanks Todd and Jan!

On another front, Emma and I have been working on science stuff this week (It was a little too much to fit into the regular school year so we're doing it now before she realizes there's such a thing as summer vacation.). Yesterday, we made a wind vane, but there has been no wind the last two days to measure - we're hoping for some by the weekend since it's supposed to rain. Today we made a thermometer and tested it out in hot and cold water. Way fun! I have pics but can't find my USB cord for the camera...it was going to TX, but I took it out of my stuff, or so I thought, when I realized I couldn't tote the computer along. Very random stuff, I know.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

When we were in Kyrgyzstan, science was the subject that fell off, too! Daddy was supposed to teach me but somehow, we never got past something like chapter 3!