Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Perfect Fall Day

We had a surprise visit this weekend! Todd called on Wed. morning and told us he was headed our way. He got here early Thursday morning (like 1 am early) and was able to stay almost all weekend. We didn't tell the younger two that he was coming home because I wanted to see their reactions when they woke up with him in the house. Before I knew that he was coming, I had told Jessie that she could sleep in the bed with me. I warned Todd that if/when she woke up during the night not in Mommy's bed, that we might have a visitor. Sure enough, at 4 am she comes to our room wanting to know why she was still in her bed. Finally, I got her attention so I could show her that Daddy was in the bed. She climbed up there so fast and was the cutest little cuddle buddy. I don't think we could have pried her from that bed if we'd wanted to. We didn't want to, of course. Aubrie joined us later that morning, and her reaction was equally as precious. Emma had made plans to spend the night with a friend, but we got in some special time with her Thursday afternoon.

We crammed in as much "Daddy Time" as we could. It was so wonderful to have him home for a while and so hard to say good-bye today. Since we weren't with him on his birthday last weekend, we had a little party of sorts today. Jerry had been home in Dothan, AL, and came back with one of our favorite things - oysters. Now, one of the things that Todd claims sealed the deal in our relationship was that I ate oysters on the half-shell. We love them, and so do the girls. Well, Aubrie hasn't quite made up her mind, but Emma and Jessie are on board. Todd and Jerry shucked them in our backyard, and we couldn't have planned a better day for an outside meal. The weather was so nice and cool and no bugs! It was great to not have to spray the girls down before we went out.

We got some great pics of the afternoon including Todd's "cake" which consisted of his favorite cookies (oatmeal chocolate chip) made into a sandwich of sorts with whipped cream in the middle. If you are grossed out by oysters, probably best to skip the pictures.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful surprise! I'm glad that you got to spend time together...and what a perfect weekend weather-wise for a visit.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm so happy you guys had a perfect weekend!!! I hope you're together again (permanently) very soon! Great pics too. Todd looks so much like his dad.

Jill said...

I'm so happy y'all got to spend time with Daddy Todd...it was so good to see him. And you were beaming all weekend!!! As much as I love you all I know it's time...yall need to be together. And that's hard for me to say!

Amy said...

Too fun!! We enjoyed our time with the reunited Williams as well. I'm waiting for an update today. :)

The Davidsons said...

It looks like y'all had a great time! I'm glad y'all were all able to be with each other and spend some time as a family. And, oysters, oooh, gross! :o) Hehehe...