Thursday, February 12, 2009

Grumbling and Really Fun Stuff

I told myself that I wasn't going to wait this long again to post, but here we are. I think an underlying reason for my lack of posting is a general negativity I feel in myself. I don't think I'm upset about not going overseas, but I think I am experiencing some real frustration over not knowing what God has for us. I realize that probably most folks find themselves in this position from time-to-time, but this seems to pretty much be the theme of our lives. And, I'm tired. I'm weary. It's one of those moments that I want God to write on the wall and spell it all out for me. I'm ready to not feel like I'm on hold. I want so much for God to use our family for eternal things, and most days I just feel so mundane. I realize that I'm echoing the tune of a million stay-at-home moms, and I know that pouring into our sweet girls is a high calling indeed. I just need a little space to air my grievances.

Now, the daily activities of my life definitely don't feel like I'm on hold. There's been a lot going on around here. We just recently bought a new history curriculum that we love. It's called The Mystery of History, and it beautifully intertwines what is usually left segregated: Biblical and ancient history. It's truly so much fun, and Emma and I have had a blast with it.





Adam and Eve - in case you couldn't tell!




Emma's own cuneiform tablet




Emma as a mummy - Jessie and
Aubrie had a big time helping with this one.




On another exciting front, Mary, my youngest sister, had her baby Monday night. We drove down that evening in the hopes of getting to see her before the C-section, but she was already underway when we got there. I had to bribe the girls with donuts for breakfast because they were so disappointed. Anyway, we got up the next morning to go meet Judah Micah Coop, and I know I'm biased, but he's beautiful! Mary had not really wanted a C-section, but the stinker was breech and had already dropped so she and her doctor decided it was best to ahead and get him out of there.








1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Dee Dee...I don't think you're grumbling. At all. Just being real.

I'm happy for your sister...that is very exciting. And how fun for you to live close enough to just "run down there" and see her!