Monday, February 16, 2009

The Meme

I did this for Facebook a while back and just recently realized that Missy had tagged me on her blog. I thought I would cheat and just copy what I had already done. On #20, I enjoyed my class and am getting better at strumming. They actually taught a couple of strumming patterns that I can practice, and I think it's helping! Also, I'm getting some nice callouses on my fingers...I can't wait for practice to not hurt.

1. Given the choice of doing something with someone or by myself, I usually prefer to be alone. I even go to movies alone.

2. I love to read. Right now I'm reading a book by Francine Rivers. She's one of my favorite authors.
3. I have such a temper - when I was seven, we were having family pictures, and I didn't like what my mom wanted me to wear so I stormed off on my bike, ran into a tree branch and had to have stitches in my eyelid. I also have a nice scar in my eybrow.

4. My hair was blonde as a kid and didn't start turning darker until high school and college. I still don't realize sometimes just how dark my hair is now.

5. Colleen and I used to never tell on each other when we were little. We both had too much dirt on the other to make it worthwhile.

6. I wanted to be a ballerina when I was little and read all kinds of books about different ballet companies. I broke my fingure in ballet class once...probably a good thing God shut that door!

7. I lived in a van with 13 other people for four months on a singing tour- not really. We actually got to stay in a lot of Motel 6s and other people's homes. I still like these people! :-)

8. I used to refuse to do Bible studies by Kay Arthur and Beth Moore because I hate bandwagons or Christian "trends." (I'm so badly stubborn and slightly rebellious.) Finally, I came to my senses and am a Kay Arthur nut. I really miss my Bible study group at Morrison Heights. Since I'm w/o my group, I'm doing a Beth Moore study on John.

9. I've lived in 1) Grand Prairie,Texas, 2) New Orleans,LA, 3) Independence, MS, 4) Hernando, MS, 5) Columbia, MS, 6) Rocket, TX, 7) Red Oak, TX, 8) Clinton, MS, and 9) Cedar Creek, TX, and this is all since being married for only 11 years. Yes, we are semi-nomadic! :-)

10. I worked at DBU for about eight years.

11. I've been a substitute teacher.

12. I've been a 6th grade teacher.

13. I've been a 9th grade teacher.

14. I've been a college lit. professor.

15. I've been a houseparent (w/Todd) to 9 boys at the same time! Crash crourse in learning to cook for large groups!

16. I've been a literacy grant coordinator.

17. I homeschool my sweet girls. And, let me put my two cents in, that of all the jobs I've had, being a mom is the toughest and the most rewarding.

18. One of my favorite things to do is to go out to eat with Todd. We love to eat and talk and never get tired of trying new places...we both eat anything - including crawfish and raw oysters. See #24 below. Truly, a match made in heaven!

19. I like to make baby gifts for people - blankets, diaper bags, burp cloths, etc. I really want to take a sewing class so I can actually know what I'm doing.

20. I am signed up to take a crash course in guitar on Feb. 6 and hope to actually learn how to strum. The class claims it teaches this so we'll see!

21. I bite my nails. I actually quit when I'm pregnant so I have this theory that I'm missing something that I'm supposed to have that will make me quit (not that self-control has anything to do with it...).

22. I cannot stand shopping for clothes and do it only when the girls are running out of things to wear.

23. I love to cook (and eat) and am so thankful for a mother-in-law who shares all her incredible family recipes with me!

24. Todd and I started dating on a trip to New Iberia, LA, for Habitat for Humanity. I went on the trip mainly because my tax return didn't come back in time, and I didn't have enough cash to go on my church ski trip. Thanks, IRS, for a wonderful 11 years of true adventure!

25. We have been to seminary twice and have no degree, we thought we were going to Africa in March but wound up in Cedar Creek, TX, and though I have no idea what God has next for our little family, I KNOW it will be good because He is good all the time, and all the time He is good!


No comments: