Friday, October 16, 2009

Loving the Weather

We had our first cold spell last weekend, but of course, it’s Texas so things warmed right back up this week.  Last night a cold (ok, a cool front) blew in, and we get to wear long sleeves to the park today – heaven!

I really need to mention that we had a first last Saturday.  Emma scored her first soccer goal!  Since she plays on a co-ed team, I’m extra proud of her because the boys do dominate most of the time.  I had wanted to post pics (We didn’t get any of the magical goal, but I thought any soccer pictures would help set the mood.), but practice was rained out Tues., and Todd took her last night.  Maybe I’ll get some good ones at tomorrow’s game. 

Just guessing, but I think this may unleash the soccer wild-person in E.  She’s very assertive in other areas of life but has yet to let that out on the soccer field.  I think it will be so exciting when it happens.  Got a little glimpse last Saturday, and it was a beautiful thing.  I had to fight all my mommy urges not to run out on the field and hug her when she scored.  Don’t think that hugging a player in the middle of a game would have gone over very well…

No comments: