Wednesday, December 12, 2007

All Was Calm,...

I've taken no time to blog lately or even to read some of my favorites - seems like there has been no extra time! I really want to post some pics of our tree; maybe I'll get to that before Christmas! Even sitting down now, I can't really gather my thoughts for a coherent post, and we're really not overly busy. I promise! I really want this Christmas to be enjoyable without killing myself. I've decided to not put up every decoration I own and to not worry with some of the fresh greenery stuff I usually do. I've even said "no" to a few Christmas activities. It has been surprisingly pleasant to not feel like we have a million events crammed into such a tiny space of time.

Each year we tell our kids that Christmas is about Jesus, but so much of what we do isn't about Him. So, we're slowing down a bit. We're actually using the advent wreath that I bought last year (that was never lit). The girls love telling us why we light each candle, and it's a great way to start dinner each night. I hope to keep this calm pace going even as things get a little bit more busy over the next two weeks. I hope to keep what is important truly important.

I've gotta run - I have a date with a cute husband and a movie!


1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Amen, friend!

I'm glad you're experiencing peace. It's pretty peaceful here too, and I love it!