Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Unseen Battle

Ever have a day where you're certain that there is a spiritual battle going on? I really believe that there are battles everyday, but today the battle was a little more tangible. I had my first ER visit with Emma tonight (well, first one since she was 3 mos. old, and don't worry, she's fine), Jessie had a nose bleed (her first) as a friend was bringing her home, and Todd's dad got pulled over on the way home from deer camp.

While we were waiting in the ER, I was talking to Todd making plans for how we were going to get the other girls home and discussing whether he needed to keep them or come to Jackson to be with us. In the middle of all this he tells me that the Lord really spoke to him today while he was hunting. (Actually, God does a lot of speaking to Todd on the deer stand - I try to never complain about his going.) I still don't know what God said because while I was putting Emma to bed, he fell asleep on the couch...

Anyway, I can't help but think that the wierd trials of the day are somehow connected with God moving in Todd's life. Does that sound too hoaky? There are days where I can almost feel the battle going on, and this was one of them. The wonderful thing is when we're able to put 2 + 2 together and realize that God is in control, and we really shouldn't freak out. I think this happens only by the grace of God.

Now, I can't wait to see what God has in store for us, where He wants to lead us next.


2 comments:

Angie said...

That's not hoaky at all. I think that's real life for believers who are seeking God diligently. I know the enemy does not want us to be obedient and does all kinds of things to discourage us.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Yes! I think you make perfect sense, and no, it's not hoaky at all.

You would NOT believe the stuff that started flying around here the week my Bible study group addressed spiritual warfare. It wasn't pretty.

One morning this week while trying to get ready for school, a bajillion things kept popping up. Tempers started to flare and I was getting some major attitude from my kids, and I finally just started praying out loud and telling Satan he was not going to bring chaos into our home and that he had to leave in Jesus' name. And it worked. Peace and calm were restored. Some might think that was hoaky...but I'm convinced it works.

I hope that you and Todd had a chance to talk about what God stirred in him, and I hope Emma is okay. Sorry things were so rough, but I think you're really wise to recognize and name the opposition that you were up against.

Merry Christmas!
Meredith

PS--I better be getting one of those Christmas pictures of your girls! That is a precious picture. And by the way, I mailed a card to you guys yesterday!