Thursday, December 27, 2007

Missions Update

While I've got a few more minutes with the girls napping, I thought I'd post a little bit about where we are with the International Mission Board. For right now, we're just waiting. We submitted in November 400-question health forms for each family member, an over 500-question personality test for Todd and me, dental forms for hubby and me, and educational assessments for Emma and Jessie. Wow, makes me tired all over again just thinking about it!

Anyway, all this stuff has to be processed before we can move on to the next phase of the application. This will include writing our autobiographies and a statement of beliefs. The way I understand it, sometime after these are done, we'll have an in-depth interview where we can select the position we're interested in.

On that note, both of the positions in Mozambique that we were looking at have been reserved by someone else. A little sigh... But, God knows where He wants us!! The same type of position (logistics coordinator) is open in Tanzania and Kenya - both places we are very interested in!

Thanks to everyone who is praying for us as we're on this journey - every now and then it feels a little "out of body" that we're considering this. I'm sure it does to our family and friends, too!


1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Sorry about Mozambique...I was hoping you would get a chance to connect with my friend, Angie.

Oh well...Kenya and Tanzania are excellent choices as well...and you never know what might open up between now and when you get to choose.

Glad for the update on your progress.

Also got your card today...so fun!