Monday, February 15, 2010

Painting, Cleaning and Lots o’ Fun

We were able to close on our house in MS this past Friday despite the several inches of snow on the ground.  Our resident meteorologists (Poppy and Emma) tell us that there was between five and six inches.  We built snowmen, made snow ice cream and kept mom busy washing the layers and layers of clothes they got wet and dirty in the snow.  What a first day back in Clinton! 

We then went to work picking out paint colors.  I am so challenged in this area.  I know what I like, but I have no idea how to go from paint swatch to what it’s actually going to look like on a wall.  Our good friend Kristy came to our rescue with her paint samples and touch-up paint, and we have successfully painted the living room, one of the girls’ rooms and our bedroom.  I say successfully only because we’ve decided that we’re not trying to fix anything else.  I don’t know if it’s the eggshell finish, or if we’re just stinky painters, but we could NOT get rid of some of our roller lines.  Ugh.  We’re hoping that when furniture arrives and things are hung on walls that we won’t notice them so much. 

After finishing up our painting this afternoon we shifted gears to cleaning up before the truck arrives.  We have basically worked until we’re both pooped!  But, we have had so much fun getting our house ready to be a home and have not had so much “alone time” in FOREVER!  We even got to have a date Friday night.  Yahoo!  Thanks to Nan and Pops and to the Kysers who have made it possible for us to get this much done in such a little time.

We are so thankful to stand around and truly count our many blessings and are in awe of all that God has done for us.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, I am jealous of the snow. I was praying for some sort of weather miracle to happen here so it would snow!!

We are missing you guys too!!! Micah said that possibly (not sure about this summer since Claire is due) we could plan a family trip to MS every summer so the cousins can stay close. Hope so!!!!

Amy said...

Welcome back! Will I be seeing you at the Y once again? I kind of came in right before y'all were planning to head out! Have fun getting the house in order, and please let me know if I can help.