Friday, November 30, 2007

Catching Up

Wow, it's really interesting coming back from a long trip and landing right in the throws of Christmas stuff! I must say that due to my husband's wonderful help that we were unpacked from our journey in record time for the Williams family. Normally, I end up wondering where clothes are only to find a bag that didn't get unpacked lying under a pile of dirty laundry. I'm still kinda reeling from the fact that we got it done so quickly - we got back Sunday night, and all was squared away by Tuesday afternoon.

Anyway, I've gotten some Christmas lists made but still not a thing purchased - I am moving in that direction, though. I think I need to make a master to-do list sometime this weekend just to keep it from all floating around in my head!

On the mission front, we're in a holding pattern for right now (which comes at a GREAT time since I can't imaging working on that and having an enjoyable holiday season at the same time). All of our medical/personality/education stuff has been submitted, and we wait while that is all processed. If all of this looks okay, then we'll move to the next step which involves writing an autobiography and our statement of beliefs.

Back to Thanksgiving - bear with me while I jump from one thing to the next - I've got some great pictures that I've been wanting to share. We had a wonderful time and actually got to be tourists and visit the Stockyards - something I had never done! We all had a great time - couldn't have asked for a prettier day.



This is us eating a wonderful meal at Risky's BBQ...yummy!













We wanted to ride the train in Trinity Park, but it's only open on weekends. We opted for the Water Gardens instead.

Later that night we ate at Poncho's. The jalepenos made my dad's head sweat! :-)
These are from our playdate with the Isbells. So much fun!














Later that night we ate at Chic-fil-A (I can't seem to escape it.) with the Elledges and Verigans - we formed a kid table so the grown ups could talk! Sorry, the picture is minus Aubrie and Rowdy who were strapped down in high chairs, of course!
















This is in Tioga, TX on the way to Lake Texhoma - this is apparently the hometown of Gene Autrey.















There's a petting farm at the marina where we stayed. Yes, the girls used hand gel immediately following the petting experience.

















This is the whole gang after we were stuffed with our Thanksgiving feast. We were nice and toasty on such a cold day!



4 comments:

Dee Dee said...

something wierd going on with my pics and text...sorry about that!

Unknown said...

yea! I've been waiting on tgiving pics! I can't believe how big Aubrey is.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Sounds like you had a fun week! Loved the photos, and I think your girls look very much like you.

Angie said...

Love the pics. You have a beautiful family.