Thursday, November 15, 2007

Queen for a Day

Each week at Jessie's dance class one little girl gets to be the queen. Well, yesterday was finally her day. Of course, I think she was a graceful and elegant queen ruling over her subjects with justice and mercy!


A very wise women told me right before Todd and I were married that if I didn't feel like he was treating me like a queen, that I should ask myself if I was treating him like my king. Ouch! I really don't like that - I'd much rather whine about how I feel I should be treated. Of course, the prinicple is so true. Our love shouldn't be based on how we're being treated (which is actually much better than I deserve). After all, "Christ died for us while we were yet sinners."

So, my question for you today is, "Are you treating your man like a king?"

2 comments:

Angie said...

ouch! That's not a very easy question to answer sometimes (as my husband is in the kitchen getting his OWN breakfast!!!) Thanks for the timely reminder.

I PROMISE I'm going to email you back. I think about it everyday. I have so many things swirling in my head that I want to tell you.

Have you guys been to Africa before, on a mission trip perhaps? Just wondered.

Jill said...

Okay...dito on "ouch"! I needed that right about now. With a newborn, a five year old and a three year old I'm pretty much spent. I'm looking to Jeremy to make me feel whole, like a woman, like a queen. He can't fill that void in my life. Only Christ can. Thanks for the reminder!