Friday, November 16, 2007

Girls' Night

This weekend is the opening weekend of deer season so the girls and I planned a date night for last night. I love that they are so easy to please. We decided to make hot chocolate, s'mores and rent Aristocats. They were absolutely delighted with the plan and were hopped up on serious amounts of caffeine.

I was so glad it was chilly yesterday - it made it even more fun running our errands in the afternoon to get ready for our date. I tried to talk them into going outside for our treats, but they said it was too cold. My southern gals...

Instead, we lit a candle on the dining table to roast our marsh mellows, and Aubrie had a great time sharing with me. Her first s'mores - how fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We had a campout last night, too! I was watching a friend's two kids, so we made smores, watched The Prince of Egypt, and put the tent up in the living room....Great minds think alike! Sherrey

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Aren't you a fun mommy?? Love that you roasted marshmallows over the candle!